Sunday, January 8, 2012

Arommmmmah!

I made a raw pasta dish with an aroma that I can't wait to smell again.  Just smelling it made me very happy.  And I already have a few ideas to change it up a bit.

Raw Pasta with Porto/Garlic/Lemon Sauce

INGREDIENTS

2 zucchini, peeled

1/3 Cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
1 Tsp. salt
1 Tsp. dried herbs (thyme, basil, or oregano)
4 Cups cut up portobello mushrooms (or use any kind of mushrooms you have on hand - the portobellos add a meaty texture and earthy aroma)

Peel zucchini into long thin strips resembling fettucine directly into a bowl. 



 Cut the portobellos into bite-size pieces.

 
Mix olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and herbs.  Pour over mushrooms to coat.  Let sit for 30 minutes. 


Add mushroom mixture to zucchini.  You may add toppings such as a chiffonade of basil or chopped parsley.  Next time I'll add spinach to the marinade to see how that comes out.




I loved this.  It's fast, easy and you need no special equipment and smelled so good.  Enjoy!

If you have leftovers, store the mushrooms and zucchini separately.  Put them together the next day.

2 comments:

  1. Evie,

    I've just caught up on your blogs and I'm SO excited for you! Sounds like you're well on your way to making raw a lifestyle. Way. To. Go.

    After you and I briefly spoke the other night I was thinking we should try to get together for dinner sometime soon. But after reading your blog I'll let you decide when it's appropriate. Just so you know, I'm willing to try the Downers restaurant. Or Sweet Tomatoes. That place is always good.

    I TOTALLY understand the struggles of trying to incorporate a new way of being into an old lifestyle. Finding a comfortable balance can seem like 2 worlds colliding. But I'm absolutely certain you'll find a way to make this work for you.

    So let me know when you're ready to get together. Til then, please know I'm in your corner rooting for you every step of the way. Wishing you continued success on your journey!!!

    HUGE hug,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sherry! I'd love to go to Borrowed Earth with you. Let me know when. I have a feeling you're going to really like it. (And I have to reserve Sweet Tomoatoes for my family as a going-out compromise.) :-)

    ReplyDelete