Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wrap and Roll

This past weekend I took a raw food cooking class at Green Spirit Living.  As much fun as I've been having with raw foods and as much progress as I've made I find there are many techniques that are a bit intimidating.  Since I don't back down from a challenge (well, sometimes I do) this seemed like a perfect chance to learn what I needed to make some new kinds of foods.

The menu for the day included:
  • California Rolls with Orange Tahini Dipping Sauce
  • Vietnamese Salad Rolls with Mock Peanut Sauce
  • Falafel Collard Green Wraps with Hummus and Lemon Tahini Sauce
  • Banana Crepe Ice Creme Roll

The food was terrific and the sauces were phenomenal.  The instructor, Linda, is so passionate and skilled.  I rolled my first nori roll and will finally make them for dinner this weekend.  (Note:  buy a bamboo mat.) She made me believe that I can finally open up a young Thai coconut.   And I never thought I'd want an ice cream maker, but I sure do now.

Here's a  picture of Linda getting the falafel wraps ready.

Linda from Green Spirit Living
The class was a lot of fun.  Location is on the north side of Chicago - almost Evanston.  I came from far and we had somebody from Indiana.  It was well worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment