Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sweet Potato Soup - YUM!

Sweet Potato Soup


I received my first delivery from Fresh Picks, an organic foods delivery service.  I looked through some of my cookbooks to find a raw recipe where I could incorporate foods I don't typically use.  I adapted this recipe from "The World Goes Raw" by Lisa Mann.  This cold soup was absolutely delicious.  Amanda is home from school for the holidays and she loved it, too.  Here's the recipe.

INGREDIENTS

3 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 clove garlic
1 Cup peeled and diced sweet potato
1/2 Cup water
1/2 Cup raw almond butter
3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 Tbsp. raw honey
1 Tbsp. raw coconut oil
1/2 Tsp. sea salt
1/2 Tsp. cinnamon

Blend in a high powered blender until smooth.  I topped with a diced Asian pear and a sliced scallion.

We roasted some brussel sprouts and onions to have along with this.  (You're right - this was not raw.  But I'm still just on the road and not yet raw.  If I can eat foods as good as this soup, it won't be hard to transition.)

No comments:

Post a Comment